[Owasp-board] FW: [Owasp-nynjmetro] PLEASE REMOVE

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Tue Feb 3 14:02:43 UTC 2009

Apparently this is what happened. I will ask them to see if they can tell
people what happened (it was inadvertent) and can correct this.

-Dave

From: "Tom Brennan - Personal" <jinxpuppy at gmail.com>

Date: February 2, 2009 8:23:39 PM EST

To: "Ralph Durkee" <rd at rd1.net>,"Aaron Sheffey" <aaronsheffey at yahoo.com>

Cc: "Reiter Kevin" <kevin at penguinnetwerx.net>,"Jim Manico"
<Jim at Manico.net>,"Larry Casey" <larry.casey at owasp.org>

Subject: Re: [Owasp-nynjmetro] PLEASE REMOVE

Hey Ralph, its Tom Brennan sorry I don't recall you bringing this issue up
with me at the NYC owasp conference.. Was a bit busy that day and then never
heard from you on it again...

For this mailing list debacle the FACT IS a human volunteer helper
inadvertently merged the nyc conference attendee list with the nyc chapter
mailing list (wrong list)... This was done 2 months ago btw

In the future you have a question, simply call when you need help with
something.

From: Kevin Reiter <kevin at penguinnetwerx.net>

From: Jim Manico <jim at manico.net>

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 15:54:05

To: Kevin Reiter<kevin at penguinnetwerx.net>

Cc: owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org<owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org>

But still why the hell did a pack of us get added to this list who did

not sign up?

Jim Manico

jim at manico.net

On Feb 1, 2009, at 5:43 AM, Kevin Reiter <kevin at penguinnetwerx.net>

wrote:

..or you could just follow the unsubscribe link posted in the header

of each message,

contained in *every* mailing list (not just this one):

List Unsubscribe:

If you're not a code monkey and don't understand that, just send a

blank e-mail to:

owasp-nynjmetro-request at lists.owasp.org

with the subject of:

unsubscribe

You will get an unsubscribe confirmation message within twenty four

hours.

You can also follow the link at the bottom of each message and do as

Marak wrote, but if you

don't know what your password is, it might be more frustrating for

you that way (even though

there's a password reminder link on that page.)

Sending flames and other "REMOVE ME NOW!" messages to the group will

only result in

frustration on your part, not to mention everyone else on this list

receiving your request.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic with this message, so don't send me

flaming replies.  I'm just

providing a small bit of information to help those in need.

HTH,

~Kevin

Marak Squires wrote:

You expect a secret service employee to understand how a mailing list

works? It's extremely complicated to click the link sent in every

message and unsubscribe yourself. I tried unsubscribing myself from

this

mailing list once and I had to give up after four hours. Not

everyone is

an internet expert like you are Paolo!

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Perego Paolo Franco

<mailto:p.perego at reply.it>> wrote:

  Guys, why don't you unsubscribe yourself using the page:

  Paolo

  --

  Paolo Perego

  Senior Consultant

  Spike Reply s.r.l.            email: p.perego at reply.it

  <mailto:p.perego at reply.it>

  via Castellanza, 11        tel: (+39) 02535761 / mobile: (+39) 348

  20151 Milano                 fax: (+39) 0253576444

  From: owasp-nynjmetro-bounces at lists.owasp.org

  <mailto:owasp-nynjmetro-bounces at lists.owasp.org>

  [owasp-nynjmetro-bounces at lists.owasp.org

  <mailto:owasp-nynjmetro-bounces at lists.owasp.org>] On Behalf Of

Deniz

  Oran [denizoran at gmail.com <mailto:denizoran at gmail.com>]

  Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 1:56 PM

  To: owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org

  <mailto:owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org>

  Subject: [Owasp-nynjmetro] PLEASE REMOVE

  Please remove me from all OWASP mailing lists, I have asked

  moderators multiple times with no luck.

  On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 5:30 AM, BRIAN MCMANIMON (NYC)

  <Brian.Mcmanimon at usss.dhs.gov

  <mailto:Brian.Mcmanimon at usss.dhs.gov><mailto:Brian.Mcmanimon at usss.dhs.gov

  <mailto:Brian.Mcmanimon at usss.dhs.gov>>> wrote:

  Get me off of this mailing list immediately!

  SA Brian McManimon

  U.S. Secret Service

  New York Field Office

  All e-mail to/from this account is subject to official review

and is

  for official use only. Action may be taken in response to any

  inappropriate use of the Secret Service's e-mail system. This e-

mail

  may contain information that is privileged, law enforcement

  sensitive, or subject to other disclosure limitations. Such

  information is loaned to you and should not be further

disseminated

  without the permission of the Secret Service. If you have received

  this e-mail in error, do not keep, use, disclose, or copy it;

notify

  the sender immediately and delete it.

  Owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org

<mailto:Owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org><mailto:Owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.
org

  <mailto:Owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org>>

  --

  The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity

  which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or

privileged

  material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use

of,

  or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by

prohibited.

delete

  the material from any computer.

  Owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org

<mailto:Owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org

---

Owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org

Owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org

Owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org

To manage your list membership, click here:

Are you an OWASP Member? http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership

Owasp-nynjmetro at lists.owasp.org