[Owasp-board] Global Affinity Credit Card Program

Alison Shrader alison.mcnamee at owasp.org
Mon Aug 31 23:10:09 UTC 2009

I have been looking into a 'global affinity credit card program,' and am
having no luck finding anything.  I have been able to find lots of
information on affinity cards in the US, but none of the companies offer the
cards to non-US citizens.  Do we still want to go forward with this in the
US?

The 2 best companies I have found so far are CardPartner (through UMB Bank)
and Card Lab Connect (through Capital One).  With Card Partner, we would
receive $50 each time a new account is opened and then .3% of all purchases.
With Card Lab Connect, we would receive $25 each time a new account is
opened and then 1% of purchases.  So if we were able to generate the same
amount of accounts through either company, we would make more money through
Card Lab Connect.  However, CardPartner offers a rewards program to card
holders, and Card Lab Connect does not.  So we may be able to generate more
accounts through CardPartner.  The amount of accounts with CardPartner would
have to be substantially higher though to make it generate more revenue then
Card Lab Connect.

Let me know what everyone's thoughts are on this...

Alison Shrader

OWASP

9175 Guilford Road, Suite 300

Columbia, MD 21046