[Owasp-board] India Event?

Kate Hartmann kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Tue Aug 4 17:28:04 UTC 2009

After many back and forth emails between Dhruv, Puneet, Dave, and the Global
Conferences Committee, this event was given the green light in early June.
The dates I was given for the event do not directly conflict with the US
event.  Additionally, considering their geographic relationship to each
other (opposite sides of the globe), the conflict was considered minimal.

Puneet and Dhruv are really focusing on gathering India together.  There
exists a consolidated mailing list for all India chapters and an Industry
Board is forming in the area.

The idea of hosting the event with another organization was considered
carefully.  Details were provided by the planning committee to the
Conferences Committee and to Dave.  It was decided, that based on their
planning and restrictions, the event would be allowed to proceed as planned.
The process for the hosting of the joint event will be documented and
hopefully utilized to pursue future combined events.

I am waiting for the conference page and details from the planning committee
to link to the front page.

Kate Hartmann
OWASP Operations Director
9175 Guilford Road