[Owasp-board] Fw: filming in portugal...

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Oct 27 17:53:00 UTC 2008

I also agree that filming would be something we should definitely do for the
Summit:

   -  It would give us a 15m presentation about each project that is being
   presented at the conference part (this would also make the presenters focus
   much more on what they are presenting and allow for to maximize the
   investment made)
   - Would allow us to record some of the smaller training sessions (which
   again would be an amazing resource to our members)
   - It would give extra focus and pressure to the Working Sessions that we
   decide to film, and I specially like the fact that for some Working Sessions
   we could have an 'on-the-record' 1h sessions
   - From the feedback we have from NYC (and the viewing numbers of the
   videos should be the final proof), these videos are a great way to add value
   to our community and (again) to maximize the return of those presentations
   - The price these guys are giving us is a very good one (and I don't mind
   if they stick a couple-seconds advert in front of it)

The only prob is that I don't have any budget from the Summit original -150k
to spend on this.

So I vote YES as long as this expense is marked as 'OWASP Board direct
expense' and not as a 'OWASP Summit EU' expense.

Tom and Seba, can you vote again (taking into account that the budget is
coming centrally)

Final comment on the Budget, at last count (using Kate's numbers) we were on
400k in the bank (with already 100k from the summit paid), so we can easily
afford this (even assuming another 50kish from the summit and another 50kish
for the remaining of the SoC payments)

Dinis