[Owasp-board] OWASP ISWG - Status Report for 9/08
dave.wichers at owasp.org
Fri Oct 24 14:28:52 UTC 2008
Here is Arshan's status report on his work on the OWASP ISWG in September.
From: Arshan Dabirsiaghi
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 11:53 AM
Subject: OWASP ISWG - Status Report for 9/08
The goals for the month of September regarding ISWG were fairly modest:
create a general plan of action and begin planning the ISWG sessions in
Portugal. Here are the accomplishments of the month (after only 10 hours
* Added non-technical ISWG support member Kuai Hinojosa
* Setup main ISWG wiki page
* Created EU Summit ISWG agendas for Browser Security and Web
Application Framework Security
* Generated technical activity on the mailing list
* Brainstormed with key industry leaders on setting realistic goals
* Through various contacts, sent open invites for the EU Summit to
Microsoft ACE team, IE development team, Firefox architects
* Researched HTML5 specifications for usable advice
* Established a strong team for the EU Summit, delegating discussion
leads to various industry experts
* Led a strategy meeting at OWASP NYC
The primary goal for October is to make sure that the EU Summit has all the
right people in the room, which means further delivering invites to Google
Chrome, Opera and Safari, and convincing OWASP's technically adept security
researchers to take part and contribute.
A secondary goal is to do more in-house OWASP advertisement of the ISWG,
since it's still relatively unknown. We have impressive success stories
already, but are not talking about them.
A tertiary goal is to come up with a good implementation plan for the ISWG
charter, which is slightly all over the map.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board