[Owasp-board] Fw: video distribution...

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Fri Oct 10 16:18:45 UTC 2008

Dinis wrote:

(remember what happened with the stuff recorded in San Jose? Exactly! where
is it? MIA as far as I can tell).

Michelle has the tapes of SJ.  You want to get the same guy to produce them
and get them online?

--Jeff

To: tomb at owasp.org
Cc: OWASP Foundation Board List

I have to say that I don't see a major problem with that small add in the
beginning (the only little issue I have is with some of the text and its
design (but that can be easily changed). It is only a couple seconds, can be
easily skipped and it makes sense (this is how I think the typical user will
read this "hey these guys gave OWASP a better deal and now I get all this
content to see").

If we are able to burn all this into DVDs and give it to our members, I
think the add should stay. And 10k is not the best price in the world, but
assuming that everything was recorded ok (with good image and sound
quality), it is a good price for 2 days worth of content (remember what
happened with the stuff recorded in San Jose? Exactly! where is it? MIA as
far as I can tell).

I also think that these guys should be able to sell those DVDs for 9.99 USD
(as long as the content is still available online and we can distribute it
to our members (or put it on a lulu book together with the ppts and (when
available) conference papers)

Dinis

2008/10/8 Tom Brennan <tomb at owasp.org>

Comments (see below) - we do NOT have a signed agreement with this vendor