[Owasp-board] FW: OWASP W3AF Scanner

Seba seba at owasp.org
Tue Oct 7 18:52:27 UTC 2008

See inline

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Tom Brennan <tomb at owasp.org> wrote:

> Jeff (or anyone else who has the answers to this please answer)
>
> Andres Riancho of http://w3af.sourceforge.net Web Application Attack and
> Audit Framework is in the final stage of migration of his existing open
> source project "OWASP W3AF Scanner".
>
> He has several questions that I do not have the answer for these are:
>

> >    - Would the change from w3af in sourceforge to w3af in owasp.org
> > require a license change?
>
>From what I see in http://w3af.sourceforge.net/#license
NO

> >    - Would the change from w3af in sourceforge to w3af in owasp.org
> > require a change in the copyright? If there is a change in copyright,
> > and the copyright goes to OWASP... what would stop OWASP from making
> > it closed source? (I know that OWASP is all about open source but...
> > you never know!)

Copyright ? It's open source ! As is the OWASP license model
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Licenses
We will NEVER go to closed source

> >    - The copyright from the new contributions I would make to the
> > project, under OWASP (as employee/contract/small projects) will be of
> > OWASP?

The project's contributions will be made available under the same OWASP open
source model

> >    - If I work under a contract for OWASP, would I be capable of
> > working also with other companies?

There is no problem working for other companies, as long as Andres respects
his end of the 'contract' : what contract are we talking about?