[Owasp-board] meeting

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Tue Oct 7 15:41:03 UTC 2008

Good question Dinis, we had been evangelizing APPSEC NYC since Nov 2007
trying to get sponsors and supporters.

In addition to what Alison notes below, we would want to credit:

IBM, Cigital, Qualys, (ISC)2 and the AccessIT Group renewal,  in addition to
Imperva, Protiviti & Acunetix. These firms became/renewed corporate
membership directly on efforts, emails/phone calls to bring them into the
OWASP Corporate family for APPSEC2008 to get discounts on the event.

I think what worked here was offering a discount on event sponsorship IF the
corporate vendor was a corporate sponsor/member they got a discount off the
vendor space -  some vendors just could not afford both so they simply
selected the vendor space.  We also followed the same model giving all
"training companies" 1st shot at offering training at APPSEC they had a
pre-req. of being an existing Corporate Members to  provide training.
Foundstone (approved by Jeff for ASAPI) and Arctec/Gunnar (approved by Dave
W for long time work with OWASP and we still need to get his logo on
<http://www.owasp.org> www.owasp.org) are grandfathered.

Reminder of who was a listed sponsor:
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=OWASP_NYC_AppSec_2008_Conference&oldid
=41668>
http://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=OWASP_NYC_AppSec_2008_Conference&oldid=
41668

Once the video's are live for APPSEC 2008 I think OWASP Foundation should do
a worldwide "membership drive" - we're giving the content of the event aware
for FREE so if people like the content and OWASP they should "donate" 100 to
the organization playing in to that public radio model.  If you like what
you see -- a  donate or sign up as a member for $100 is requested... If you
really really like it become a corporate member at XXX (BTW had lots of
complaints about the membership "size" model.  Suggestion was to have
different levels of sponsorship not based on org. size use a silver, gold,
platinum model or something..

  _____

alison.shrader at owasp.org

alison.shrader at owasp.org