[Owasp-board] FW: OWASP W3AF Scanner

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Tue Oct 7 12:48:28 UTC 2008

Jeff (or anyone else who has the answers to this please answer)

Andres Riancho of http://w3af.sourceforge.net Web Application Attack and
Audit Framework is in the final stage of migration of his existing open
source project "OWASP W3AF Scanner".

He has several questions that I do not have the answer for these are:

>    - Would the change from w3af in sourceforge to w3af in owasp.org
> require a license change?

>    - Would the change from w3af in sourceforge to w3af in owasp.org
> require a change in the copyright? If there is a change in copyright,
> and the copyright goes to OWASP... what would stop OWASP from making
> it closed source? (I know that OWASP is all about open source but...
> you never know!)

>    - The copyright from the new contributions I would make to the
> project, under OWASP (as employee/contract/small projects) will be of
> OWASP?

>    - If I work under a contract for OWASP, would I be capable of
> working also with other companies?

Please advise.