[Owasp-board] OWASP materials

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Fri Oct 3 15:07:32 UTC 2008

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the message.  I'm sorry that you didn't receive the CFP or other
information about our events.  I'm really surprised, since we tried to reach
everyone we possibly could.  Are you subscribed to any of the OWASP mailing
lists?  I'm certain that the conference CFP and other announcements went to
all of them. We did press releases and blog postings and used other avenues
to reach as many as we could. Maybe a spam filter caught them?

All of the presentation and materials will be made available. The slides
will be linked to the agenda - it just takes us a week or two to get all the
presenters to send them in.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_NYC_AppSec_2008_Conference. I know Adam
is continuing his research in this area. You can contact read his blog
http://aboulton.blogspot.com or just contact him directly Adam Boulton
[adamboulton at gmail.com].

We will also be making ALL the videos of all the presentations available on
the new http://www.owasp.tv.  The keynote is already available
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2333070846287409588&hl=en.

I want to make sure that you've heard about our next event in Portugal. It's
a little different, since it will mostly focus on OWASP projects and
research, and less on attracting OWASP end user organizations.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_EU_Summit_2008

I really appreciate the feedback. Please try to remember that OWASP is
almost entirely run by volunteers (who all have full time demanding jobs)
and that we take 100% of the membership money and issue it as grants back to
the research community. There are some great projects being funded in our
Summer of Code 2008
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Summer_of_Code_2008_Projects_Authors_S
tatus_Target_and_Reviewers.

Thanks for your support, and I hope you'll decide to stay involved.  Please
feel free to contact me directly to discuss anything related to appsec or
owasp.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair
The OWASP Foundation