[Owasp-board] [Owasp-summit-europe-2008] Notes from Team B

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Fri Oct 3 04:48:39 UTC 2008


Mark, all,

 

I’ve talked again with Dinis about the issue below and gave it another try.
It´s here https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Working_Session_Top_10_2009
.

 

For your information, having into consideration Dinis’ proposal, we should
have all the working sessions masks done until next Sunday, as Kate will
begin to ask to the Sessions Chairs to fill in by next Monday. 

 

Thanks,

 

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

 

From: Paulo Coimbra [mailto:paulo.coimbra at owasp.org] 
Sent: quinta-feira, 2 de Outubro de 2008 17:06
To: 'mark.roxberry at owasp.org'; 'Leonardo Cavallari Militelli'; 'dinis cruz'
Cc: 'owasp-summit-europe-2008 at lists.owasp.org'
Subject: RE: [Owasp-summit-europe-2008] Notes from Team B

 

Regarding the question of ‘ Working Group wiki page versus Associated
Project’ I fully agree with Mark. And I also think that an agreement must be
reached very soon as we have still to contact all the Working Sessions
Chairs to fill in the ultimately chosen mask. 

 

 

Paulo Coimbra,

OWASP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page>  Project Manager

 

From: owasp-summit-europe-2008-bounces at lists.owasp.org
[mailto:owasp-summit-europe-2008-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Mark
Roxberry, OWASP.ORG
Sent: quinta-feira, 2 de Outubro de 2008 16:24
To: 'Leonardo Cavallari Militelli'; 'dinis cruz'
Cc: owasp-summit-europe-2008 at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Owasp-summit-europe-2008] Notes from Team B

 

Hey Leo, are you directing this to me?  Did you mean Mark not Michael?  If
you meant me, the owasp.org site appears to be down, so nothing on the site
can be accomplished – the pdf is a brochure, which I used to make sure the
wiki was in sync (which it should be, please review).  And so we’re on the
same page, what do you mean “when we can have Working session done”?  We’re
still hashing out details, like Working Group vs. Associated Project, remove
or keep Working Session Team, etc., the template for the working group
pages,  etc.  

 

RE: Working Group wiki page versus Associated Project

 

Dinis, I think it is a page specific to the working groups at the summit.
The details on the page are for and will be a result of the summit.  The
associated project, would be the actual project wiki pages, IMO.  I think it
needs to stay as Working Group to remain consistent for the needs of the
Summit (organization, sign up, notes, etc.)

 

Mark

 

 

Mark Roxberry, CISSP, CEH

OWASP .NET Project Lead

www.owasp.org

 

From: owasp-summit-europe-2008-bounces at lists.owasp.org
[mailto:owasp-summit-europe-2008-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of
Leonardo Cavallari Militelli
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 10:59 AM
To: dinis cruz
Cc: owasp-summit-europe-2008 at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Owasp-summit-europe-2008] Notes from Team B

 

I like the idea of Working Group, it's pretty much like IEEE WG.

By creating different names for the same type of activity will just get
people confused about what is each about. They use the same methodology,
same structure, so they might use the same name.

Michael, can you tell us when we cna have Working session done?
Thanks,
Leo

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 8:07 PM, dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:

The template looks good, but I'm not sure about making this a Working Group.
For example, i think that that for the Top 10 it would look better (for now)
to replace 'Working Group' with 'Associated Project' (or 'Related Project')

 

I also agree with the idea to drop the Team references and move them to the
participants (which we need to somehow figure out how to enroll people on)

 

On the content, please note that the most up-to-date information is at the
PDF we created at the NYC conference
(https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download
<https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=R3oxVWR0NmNOQnd
LSkE9PQ> &ufid=R3oxVWR0NmNOQndLSkE9PQ). If anybody has made changes, please
put those on google doc and share it with us

 

Dinis

2008/10/1 Paulo Coimbra <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org>

 

IMHO it would be better if we abolished the Team reference. Each Work
Session should have a Chair and a Secretary and everybody else should be
added to the Sessions Participants field.

 

Regarding the Projected Outcome, my opinion is similar. We already have the
field 'Objectives'.

 

I've made here
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Working_Groups_Top_10_2009>  the
proposed changes but, of course, it can be reversed.

 

Thanks,

 

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager

 

From: owasp-summit-europe-2008-bounces at lists.owasp.org
[mailto:owasp-summit-europe-2008-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Mark
Roxberry, OWASP.ORG
Sent: quarta-feira, 1 de Outubro de 2008 20:58
To: 'Eduardo V. C. Neves'; 'dinis Dinis Cruz'


Cc: owasp-summit-europe-2008 at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Owasp-summit-europe-2008] Notes from Team B

 

Currently updating the Working Sessions.  Can I get a clarification what is
meant by Working Session Team?  Is it needed (i.e. most sessions have TBD,
can we just remove the line item).  Other than Working Session Team, we have
onl y have 2 TBDs for working sessions, and it is their projected outcome.
Do they need to have a projected outcome?  If so, I'll get on the leads, if
not, can I remove?

 

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_EU_Summit_2008_Working_Sessions

 

 

 

Regards,

 

Mark

 

 

 

From: owasp-summit-europe-2008-bounces at lists.owasp.org
[mailto:owasp-summit-europe-2008-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of
Eduardo V. C. Neves
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 3:42 PM
To: dinis Dinis Cruz
Cc: owasp-summit-europe-2008 at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Owasp-summit-europe-2008] Notes from Team B

 

Great. So we can assume that all outstanding information will be completed
by the responsible ones until October 5th. Trainers, Working Sessions
Chairs, move ! :)


On 10/1/08 12:06 PM, "dinis Dinis Cruz" <dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:

Lets try to have all remaining marketing materials (from Brochure to Press
release) ready by the 5th so can start the advertisement initiative on the
6th (monday)

2008/10/1 Eduardo V. C. Neves <eduardo at camargoneves.com>

Sure.

1.	Several working sessions are stated with the TBD (to be defined)
line. The leaders must define the names and information on all of them. 
2.	The same on the following courses: AJAX Security, The Art and
Science of Threat Modeling Web Applications, WebAppSec for Managers and
Executives – The Road Less Travelled (we also need a trainer on this one). 
3.	Definition for the sponsorship model on Special Dinner and Party.


Can we define October 5th as the cutting date?

Best regards,

Eduardo


On 10/1/08 5:35 AM, "Paulo Coimbra" <paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
<http://[email protected]> > wrote:

The soon, the better. We are just 35 days from the event. From your
perspective, what is missing? Could you list it, please?
 
Thanks,
 

Paulo Coimbra,
OWASP Project Manager <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> 
 

From: owasp-summit-europe-2008-bounces at lists.owasp.org
<http://[email protected]>
[mailto:owasp-summit-europe-2008-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of
Eduardo V. C. Neves
Sent: quarta-feira, 1 de Outubro de 2008 03:46
To: Leonardo Cavallari Leonardo Cavallari Militelli
Cc: owasp-summit-europe-2008 at lists.owasp.org
<http://[email protected]> 
Subject: Re: [Owasp-summit-europe-2008] Notes from Team B
Importance: High

Guys,

I made some corrections on the PDF brochure, however there are a lot of
missing information. Do we have a deadline to insert all outstanding
information on the wiki?

Best regards,

Eduardo


On 9/30/08 5:31 PM, "Leonardo Cavallari Leonardo Cavallari Militelli"
<leonardocavallari at gmail.com <http://[email protected]> > wrote:
Great!
Can you do the following?
Regarding brochure review, I won't be able to do it today. If you can
prioritize this task, we can start others that depends on it once done.

*	We need to review the PDF brochure and finalize the content. I've
just uploaded all original Word documents to here:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/bVlCSmIzT2I4NVZMWEE9PQ 
*	 
*	Contact all past OWASP sponsors and ask them if they are interrested
(I think Eduardo already got this list) 
*	 
*	Find out a cheap way to print 200 copies of the revised PDF Bruchure
(just had a look at http://www.lulu.com/en/products/brochures/ and depending
on the shipping costs, it looks like a very competitive price) 
*	Contact the company that is currently scheduled to have the add on
the OWASP home page and see if they are OK to move it to another slot later
the year, or if they want to do a join add with us 
*	Using the updated list from Kate (or Alison), we need to contact
them all ASAP by email. Iideally we should personally call each one to make
sure they got it and get a feel from them if they are going to go there. I
think we should give them 1 week to decide (from the moment we contact them)
since we need to know asap if they are going so that we can allocate the
places to somebody els 
*	Indentify which OWASP Chapters are going to have meetings from now
till the Summit and create a plan for the Summit to be represented at thoses
events. This could include the shipping of marketing materials (like printed
version of the brochure and a banner (which I have in London)) and a
presentation about the Summit (made by one of us or a local chapter leader).
We also need to indentify other related conferences that are happening
during this time (from security conferences to developer conferences) and we
should be there too (note that we can use OWASP on the Move funds to pay for
this). For example there was a mention of an event in Germany that we should
participate 

I'll take care of remaining ones.
Thanks,
Leo


On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Eduardo V. C. Neves
<eduardo at camargoneves.com <http://[email protected]> > wrote:
Ok, so let's split the tasks. Which ones you want me to take care?



On 9/30/08 5:16 PM, "Leonardo Cavallari Leonardo Cavallari Militelli"
<leonardocavallari at gmail.com <http://[email protected]>
<http://[email protected]> > wrote:
At first yes, however it would be interesting have a couple more guys
helping this out since I'm busy with my companies projects this week.


On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM, Eduardo V. C. Neves
<eduardo at camargoneves.com <http://[email protected]>
<http://[email protected]> > wrote:
So you will take care of all of this except the sponsorship contact?


On 9/29/08 11:12 PM, "Eduardo V. C. Neves" <eduardo at camargoneves.com
<http://[email protected]>  <http://[email protected]>
<http://[email protected]> > wrote:

I will do:

*	We need to review the PDF brochure and finalize the content. I've
just uploaded all original Word documents to here:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/bVlCSmIzT2I4NVZMWEE9PQ 
*	 
*	Contact all past OWASP sponsors and ask them if they are interrested
(I think Eduardo already got this list) 
*	 
*	Find out a cheap way to print 200 copies of the revised PDF Bruchure
(just had a look at http://www.lulu.com/en/products/brochures/ and depending
on the shipping costs, it looks like a very competitive price) 



On 9/30/08 2:28 PM, "Leonardo Cavallari Leonardo Cavallari Militelli"
<leonardocavallari at gmail.com <http://[email protected]>
<http://[email protected]>  <http://[email protected]> >
wrote:
Dinis,
I'll work  mainly within this team.
As i don't have OWASP e-mail, I'll create the wiki page and distribute task
to the ones who'll work on this group.
also, I can take care of finalizing the brochure, update PPT, check how to
print 200 copies of brochure, and similar activities.

Who should I contact to have an OWASP mail?

Who else is in team B?

Leo Cavallari


We need to review the PDF brochure and finalize the content. I've just
uploaded all original Word documents to here:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/bVlCSmIzT2I4NVZMWEE9PQ 

*	The package that we are offering to our corporate members is: 

*	1 VIP pass (2 day training, Shared Accommodation and Ticket for
Summit (Working Sessions and Conference)) 
*	Invitation to participate on a number of Working Sessions (we need
to identify which ones is really related to them (here we might want to have
one letter for vendors and one for the others) 
*	20% discount of Sponsorship 
*	 
*	20% discount on VIP tickets, Summit Ticket or Training 

*	Using the updated list from Kate (or Alison), we need to contact
them all ASAP by email. Iideally we should personally call each one to make
sure they got it and get a feel from them if they are going to go there. I
think we should give them 1 week to decide (from the moment we contact them)
since we need to know asap if they are going so that we can allocate the
places to somebody else 
*	Write generic 'OWASP Summit Announcement' email to be sent to the
owasp-all mailing list, and to other web security (and developer's) mailing
lists (we should encourage our community to spread that email virally (for
example I will resent it to a couple developer and security mailing lists
here in the UK) 

*	Treat this email as an OWASP Press Release. Note that  don't want to
spend money to pay somebody to distribute this, so we will need to find
other ways to get this published (see idea below) 
*	Create Press Kit, create list of Key Journalists / bloggers
(including ones that already know about OWASP and ones that don't) and send
them our materials. Here we could also ask a favour from our owasp-leaders,
were they could ask the marketing departments of the companies they work for
to help us plug this event (we could offer as a deal interviews with the
participants (specially the ones form the high-profile Working Sessions)). 
*	Arsham will be soon posting to this list the Open Letter he is
writing for the Web Browsers (the idea is to publicly post this and see if
we can get good media coverage around it) 

*	Unless anybody raises any last minute issues, the sponsorhip model
is closed and it will be the one that is defined on the last 3 pages of the
Summit's Brochure 
*	 
*	Contact all past OWASP sponsors and ask them if they are interrested
(I think Eduardo already got this list) 
*	 
*	Indentify which OWASP Chapters are going to have meetings from now
till the Summit and create a plan for the Summit to be represented at thoses
events. This could include the shipping of marketing materials (like printed
version of the brochure and a banner (which I have in London)) and a
presentation about the Summit (made by one of us or a local chapter leader).
We also need to indentify other related conferences that are happening
during this time (from security conferences to developer conferences) and we
should be there too (note that we can use OWASP on the Move funds to pay for
this). For example there was a mention of an event in Germany that we should
participate 
*	 
*	Find out a cheap way to print 200 copies of the revised PDF Bruchure
(just had a look at http://www.lulu.com/en/products/brochures/ and depending
on the shipping costs, it looks like a very competitive price) 
*	Follow  all leads and cards collected from the NYC event 
*	Update PPT with the latest courses list and Working Sessions (and
drop all the detailed information about the Courses). 

*	Create PDF of PPT and also put it for download 

*	Create a strategy to handle each target type we want to attract to
the Summit: Security Consultant, Developer, Manager and Vendor 
*	 
*	Write articles about PT Summit and try to get them posted on online
magazines and blogs 
*	Create a Blog list equal to the one Jeff created on the OWASP home
page, so that we can keep track (and publish) all OWASP Summit related blog
posts 
*	Contact the company that is currently scheduled to have the add on
the OWASP home page and see if they are OK to move it to another slot later
the year, or if they want to do a join add with us 
*	Update CEvent with the conference cost and courses (for shared
accomodation we will point them strait to the Travel Agency (i.e. mention
the deal on that page, but get them to sort it out with Diplomata tours)) 

Any comments?

The first step is for each one of you to decide which team they want to be
in.

For the guys who are going to be in Team B, can one of you create a wiki
page for this and start populating it with the people who are assigned to
each task? 

:)

Thanks

Dinis
    

_______________________________________________
Owasp-summit-europe-2008 mailing list
Owasp-summit-europe-2008 at lists.owasp.org
<http://[email protected]>
<http://[email protected]>
<http://[email protected]> 
https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-summit-europe-2008
  


  _____  



_______________________________________________
Owasp-summit-europe-2008 mailing list
Owasp-summit-europe-2008 at lists.owasp.org
<http://[email protected]>
<http://[email protected]>
<http://[email protected]> 
https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-summit-europe-2008

 


_______________________________________________
Owasp-summit-europe-2008 mailing list
Owasp-summit-europe-2008 at lists.owasp.org
https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-summit-europe-2008

 

 


_______________________________________________
Owasp-summit-europe-2008 mailing list
Owasp-summit-europe-2008 at lists.owasp.org
https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-summit-europe-2008

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/attachments/20081003/91bfbe34/attachment-0002.html>


More information about the Owasp-board mailing list