[Owasp-board] Fwd: (OWASP non-profit org in France)

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Tue Mar 25 16:15:20 UTC 2008

>From our last board meeting we had a action item on this topic, and
concerning local chapters (worldwide) here is what i propose simply:
 https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Rules  <--- see existing "Sponsor
Rules"

 Adjust to:

 Sponsor Rules
All sponsors must be approved by The OWASP Foundation. No product
presentation (containing claims or discussing applicability of a product)
may take place at any meeting of a local chapter. Presentations that focus
on a problem or set of problems and discuss solution approaches that may
refer to or show examples of various products are allowed. Sponsorship shall
be in the form of donations to: The OWASP Foundation in the name of the
local chapter to provide food / beverages logistics at meeting events and
the chapter leader will submit actual receipts/expenses for reimbursement
within 45 days.

 So with that,  Alison can you advise on the date for the meeting to discuss
options for local chapters and lets invite the persons on the thread as well
as the top 5 chapter leaders in the world to join the call for a discussion.
 As part of the agenda, i can discuss what/how we do it in NYC that is
different from the proposed model and then ask for similar input from the
top 5 chapters.  Then we can address my recommended model.

 This will naturally lead in to a discussion of local chapter members and
local chapter sponsors and what I think we are moving towards is having the
ability to track the success and actives of each chapter and ties in OWASP
on the move as well.

 I have also attached for review the goverance summary that i have been
working on for everyones review and comment and the 2006 Tax information
that is also needs to make it to the OWASP wiki

    On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 6:58 AM, dinis cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org>
wrote:
> See thread below about Sebastien's the idea of setting up a non-profit
OWASP
> "Association Loi 1901".
>
> (due to the recent change of email addresses, the original forward from me

> to the owasp board alias bounced back)

Owasp

  --
Tom Brennan