[Owasp-board] Fwd: (OWASP non-profit org in France)

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Mar 24 20:46:36 UTC 2008

Sebastien,

My apologies for missing the email.  I think I understand the need here.

I have no problem with setting up a French non-profit.  I think we should
just articulate a few of the rules that govern members of the "International
OWASP Alliance".  This will help to make OWASP more than just a website but
a true international NGO (non-governmental organization).

We will have to put some general priniciples in place.  I'll sketch a few
here, but we'll need a real document. Organizations that want to become part
of the OWASP alliance will have to agree to and follow these rules.

1)      OWASP Alliance Members must work within guidelines set by The OWASP
Foundation

2)      OWASP Alliance Members must be exclusively focused on OWASP mission
to make security visible

3)      OWASP Alliance Member leaders must be volunteer

4)      Everything is free and open

5)      Using OWASP for commercial purposes is discouraged

6)      Follow something like the International NGO Accountability Charter
(http://www.ingoaccountabilitycharter.org/read-the-charter.php)

7)      .

I'm sure there are some more rules that we'd like to live by, but someone
needs to take the lead and draft them up.

Thanks,

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair

 <http://www.owasp.org/> The OWASP Foundation

work: 410-707-1487

main: 301-604-4882

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_NYC_AppSec_2008_Conference> OWASP
AppSec NYC 2008 is coming...  are you ready?

From: Sebastien Gioria (DoIngSoft) <sebastien at doingsoft.fr>
Date: Mar 21, 2008 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: FW:
To: Dinis Cruz <dinis at ddplus.net>, PETIT Ludovic <ludovic.petit at fr.sfr.com>
Cc: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj at owasp.org>, board at owasp.fr, OWASP
Foundation Board List <owasp-board at lists.owasp.org>

Yes

It s for legal issue for some events

Anyway, we will postpone all financials issues till we will be asked by a
partner

First of all chapter will be made for supporting representation in france
for some presentations is some compagny/university...

I think I will be at NYC 2008 and it will be a good day to talk on this more

--
Sebastien Gioria    gioria at FreeBSD.ORG
SG41-GANDI          http://blog.gioria.org

On 3/21/08, PETIT Ludovic <ludovic.petit at fr.sfr.com
<mailto:ludovic.petit at fr.sfr.com> > wrote:

Hi Andrew and Dinis

I forward 'cause I suppose that Jeff is currently busy, but w need to take a
decision in France to officialize the status of the French Chapter in the
coming days.

Could you please help and tell us how to deal about the membership item for
the French Chapter.

Thanks.
Ludovic