[Owasp-board] OWASP Sponsorship

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Tue Mar 11 03:32:21 UTC 2008

Tom,

I think this model is a big step forward in the maturity of the OWASP
conferences, in terms of revenue generation for OWASP. I'm a bit concerned
that its overly aggressive in terms of how much vendor exposure this
provides. Seems like it might be too in your face for an OWASP conference.
Or is that simply expected, and doesn't detract from the event?

Board: Any problems with having vendors sponsor each track, and each
meal/snack, and have featured placement on the conference site pages? Is
this over the top at all, or OK with everyone? I have mixed feelings, so I
simply wanted to raise the question. I'm completely OK with vendor sponsor
provided swag, Expo's, etc., its more about some of the benefits we are
providing to the 3 premium sponsors, plus the meal sponsors that concern me
a little.

Attached are the suggested updates from myself and Alison. I accepted some
of the minor editing changes already so as to not distract anyone from the
more substantive suggested changes. Again, these are all suggestions so you
have other ideas, or suggestions, please let me know. I also included
numerous comments either explaining why I'm suggesting something, or if I
have a question about how something suggested her might work.

Tom, please let me know if you have any questions based on these suggested
updates.

Thanks, Dave