[Owasp-board] Fwd: Building the Ultimate Open Source Web App Scanner!!!

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Mar 6 12:09:59 UTC 2008

More from that thread

Dinis

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fyodor <fygrave at gmail.com>
Date: Sep 28, 2006 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: Building the Ultimate Open Source Web App Scanner!!!
To: Mark Curphey <mark at curphey.com>
Cc: meder.k at gmail.com, dinis.cruz at ddplus.net

Hey guys,
  Yep, I think thats actually what we were aiming at designing YAWATT.
The idea behind is to have a common data exchange format and
communication framework available from different languages (we want to
get rid off spread and have our own thing, due to certain spread
limitations) and the rest of system could be developed as standalone
components integrating via common communication layer.

There will be various "bindings" for every popular language (spread
supports java, c/c++, python and ruby, and thats also what is initally
planned to be supported in our own replacement).

Further on architectural level, we wanted to implement things that go
beyond the trivial user input validation checks. Of course with
current framework implementing these is quite easy (plugins that dig
certain classification keywords or direct match of url/data parts),
but we are aiming at abilities to test application logic bugs. Theres
not much work done before in this area, and I think there's alot of
research interest here too. Let us know, if you guys are interested to
discuss the architectural decisions here, I guess maybe we can come
with something more fresh :)

cheers
-Fyodor
PS: I haven't seen Beretta/Panterra yet, any links or references?

--
http://o0o.nu

--
Dinis Cruz