[Owasp-board] Fwd: OWASP SoC

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Thu Mar 6 03:07:35 UTC 2008

Ok so think of this one.... OWASP announces a OPEN-SOURCE WEB APPLICATION
SCANNER supported by the community.  Hmmm don't you think that is going to
raise the visibility?

I have been talking with Andres over the last few months and he has put into
words the next steps.

Agenda item ;)  however this one needs not only a review for approval but
this can catapult a OWASP project to mainstream corporate acceptance.  at
25k per commercial tool ~ this is a free solution for the masses and when
combined and vetted with the rest of the frameworks.. you get the idea.

http://w3af.sourceforge.net Web Application Attack and Audit Framework

-Brennan