[Owasp-board] Free samples of OWASP books?

Sebastien Deleersnyder seba at deleersnyder.eu
Wed Mar 5 22:38:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

I suggest going for a 'starters' pack covering some points / money to aid a
starting chapter.

Chapters need
* money for catering => minimal coverage, to be provided by location
sponsors?
* books / t-shirts => through points
* topics - speakers => through OotM

Owasp needs:
=> incentive to have people on the mailing lists
=> incentive to have organisatons / people become member
=> incentive to have people helping out on owasp projects
=> incentive to promote Owasp locally (at least 4 chapter meetings!)
=> incentive for people talking at other Owasp events - chapters
To be decided how this results in points.
It is up to the chapter leader to claim this on a yearly base and have a
minimal administration for :
* points balance
* money balance (by local sponsors - all payments through OWASP)

The challenge is to have a balanced approach: it should really help chapters
to (re)start and for succesfull chapters to become even better.

Regards

Seba

--
18:50