[Owasp-board] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] To advertise the launch of OWASP Summer of Code2008

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Mon Mar 3 18:01:27 UTC 2008

But have we asked those members if they want to allocate their funds to
specific projects?

If the answer is No (which is what I suspect) then just in principle we
should ask them since there were several conversations that I had last year
(namely at the San Jose Conference where I spoke with the Cigital & Ebay
guys, and I mentioned this concept in my keynote speach (amongst other past
references from us)).

Another reason for contacting these new members is because l would like to
have a couple names already in the 'SoC 08 list of projects with directly
sponsorship funds' since that would be a motivation for the other 'soon to
join members' to join in the next month.

Finally, If those members were not asked which projects they would like to
sponsor, I view that as a 'operational issue due to lack of admin resources
at the time (on the OWASP part), since as discussed before, we should be
giving them the option to sponsor specific projects.

So part of the outcome of this thread, should be an action item to add to
the new/renueal member (3000 USD and up) subscription workflow a step to ask
the OWASP member which OWASP project they would like to sponsor (Alison can
you add this item to the next OWASP board meeting just to make sure
everybody in onboard, thanks).

Dinis