[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] AntiSAMY: Appeal to Chapter Leaders

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Fri Jun 20 14:10:58 UTC 2008

This is an interesting point that Arshan has suggested.

This 'could' be a new criteria to add to release quality projects. However,
I don't think I would make it a REQUIREMENT for all projects. Imagine
translating the full Testing guide into many different languages. That would
be a huge effort. However, we have done this in the past for smaller seminal
documents like the OWASP Top 10, and it would be great to do this for our
core tools, since that would make them easier to use in other languages. I
just don't know how hard that would be.

That's why I think it would be appropriate to encourage other languages, but
maybe not require it.

What do you all think?

Thanks, Dave

To: Owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org

I noticed a blog entry on the 1.2 release of AntiSAMY specifically around
the languages supported and was surprised that it didn't contain
translations for Spanish. More importantly, I would think is the fact that
with so many chapters worldwide, we should be able to have at least fifty
different languages represented. I would love to see others translate to
their own native tongue.

I will be volunteering shortly to translate to Spanish and Arabic and at
least hope that someone can spot check my work...

confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
destroy all copies.