[Owasp-board] Suggested OWASP Membership Fee changes?

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Jun 9 18:18:41 UTC 2008

The reason that the membership prices are fairly high is that when we put
them in place, we didn’t have the bandwidth to go after a lot of members.
We may now have that bandwidth if we wanted to focus on a membership drive.

I’m not at all sure that raising the prices will increase revenue.  I think
it’s very possible that lowering them would increase overall revenue.  In
2007 we received $72K in memberships, which is pretty low in my opinion.
Could we get >36 memberships if we priced them at $2K?  I think so.

So I would be interested in exploring a simpler less-expensive model

·        Individual, Education, Non-Profit – $100

·        Company - $2K

·        Sustaining Member - $25K (front page logo)

We may want to get to this over time - encouraging people to join with price
cuts.

We may also have to do something about the logos on the front page. They are
seriously affecting page load speed.  Replace with Flash scroller?  Make a
single image from them?

--Jeff