[Owasp-board] OWASP Messenger Bags

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Sat Jun 7 05:00:25 UTC 2008

I have about 10 conference bags stacked up in my closets from events
with vendor logos all over them collecting dust and I suspect you do
too.  My really nice everyday gear bag is a NON-LOGO leather or back
pack (depending) and was way more than $9.00.   If nyc conference is
"driving" bags, I would be perfectly happy with inserting the sponsor
supplied materials into a standard Trade Show type plastic attendee
bag (example: http://www.artpromos.com/detail.asp?id=77&deptid=4 )
when they sign in at registration.(I can also get these most likely
sponsored at NO COST to OWASP supplied by a "Bag Sponsor")

I think the investment in the messenger or any other type of "bag"
does not provide the value perceived... but maybe that is just me.
On that note, I would suggest a OWASP cap -- for $2.99 (before qty
1000 discounts) with OWASP logo on the adjustment tab or something
simple so people actual wear them (Example
http://www.customcapcompany.com/custom-caps.html) or how about a USB
drive (http://www.memorysuppliers.com/cuusbfldr.html)  .. i think that
would get more use.

If we are purchasing bags at the OWASP Foundation level then certainly
we would be happy to use them at the NYC event but wanted to put that
out there before we purchase anything as its not clear as who is
pulling the trigger on such a investment on this thread. This
certainly is a marketing role for the organization.

What we are going to need however globally is name badges -
http://www.namebadgeproductions.com/pimg.jsp?id=7098 as well as a way
to dump out of cevent and print badges - so this might be a great bulk
investment to consider for use at events.

Just my two cents... its late and caffeine supply is low

Your thoughts?

--
Tom Brennan
OWASP Foundation Board Member