[Owasp-board] Non-Profit to Non-Profit

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Thu Jun 5 20:49:38 UTC 2008

Hi Tom,

I'm sympathetic - 4 kids too you know!  But I don't really think this is the
best way for us to promote OWASP.  It would make sense if OWASP was
promoting something that would help protect kids on the Internet.  Or if we
started a project to help 501c3 organizations get their applications secure.
But I don't really see how this accomplishes much except hand-waving and
exchanging money.  Based on the numbers you sent, the actual expenditure
would be something like $7500?

I do like an OWASP-Gives-Back kind of program.  Can anyone think of a way we
can help non-profits protect themselves?  We could review their code or test
their applications, but the confidentiality problems are a pain.  How can we
ensure their code stays secret?

--Jeff