[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Fwd: Offer for OWASP memebers from LifeCycleSecurity conference (8&9 August in LasVegas)

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Wed Jul 23 22:31:34 UTC 2008

Tom/Dinis,

I see that you are both speaking at this conference about different subjects
(including Tom talking about OWASP status).

What arrangement (if any) does OWASP have with this event? As conferences
chair I would have thought that I would know about any relationship with
another conference, but I don't.

It says right on their website that they are doing this in affiliation with
OWASP.

Can either of you shed any light?

And I definitely think we should not forward this message to the OWASP
membership list.

-Dave

From: Dennis Hurst <dennis.hurst at lifecyclesecurity.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 4:49 PM
Subject: Offer for OWASP memebers from LifeCycleSecurity conference
(8&9 August in LasVegas)
To: ivan.ristic at gmail.com

Ivan,

Were making a special offer to the OWASP chapters but I also wanted to
forward it to the LifeCycleSecurity speakers.  If you know of people
that are attending Blackhat and would also like to attend
LifeCycleSecurity please feel free to forward this on to them.  We
have more room available at Caesars than we had expected so we want to
get the word out to as many people as possible and have a great
showing.

Talk to you soon,

Dennis

***** Message follows ******

We would like to make a special offer to you and the people at OWSAP
as our way of thanking you for your support of our Lifecycle Sercurity
(web application security)Conference which we are holding the day
after Blackhat-Vegas on August 8-9, 2008 at the Las Vegas Ceasar's
Palace.

FREE ADMISSION (normal price is $350) for the first 100 people who
register by sending an email to freeoffer at LifeCycleSecurity.com with:

Name:

Company:

Address:

E-mail:

We plan to open this up to other lists later in the week, but we want
to give OWSAP members "first shot" at the free admission.  (There are
only 100 free admission tickets.)

Our goal is to create a community where Application Security
professionals can share information on an on-going basis.

We have Ounce, Proactive, Price Waterhouse, Modsecurity, Microsoft,
Safe Channel, OWASP and Verizon involved in our Penetration Testing,
Policy/Compliance/Solutions and a Vendor Tracks.

Thanks once again for your support.

Dennis Hurst

Dennis.Hurst at lifecyclesecurity.com

www.lifecyclesecurity.com