[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Call for contributors - OWASP Code Review ProjectV1.1.

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Jul 21 20:28:03 UTC 2008

Hi Paulo,

I think it helps to create a sense of urgency with messages like this.
Starting with “once again
” makes it seem like this is another boring
reminder of something that can wait.  We need to make this sound like an
OPPORTUNITY that they shouldn’t miss out on.

In future announcements, let’s establish an artificial deadline and some
urgency like this

Don’t miss this opportunity to help code review teams worldwide.  The OWASP
Code Review Guide v2.0 is being released in less than two months.  There are
still a few articles that need to be written, completed, or reviewed.

   Version 2.0 publication date (hardcopy freeze)

-        September 1, 2008

   Critical Open Tasks:

-        New Article: “Why code review rocks”  - volunteer now!

-        New Article: “Tools are for fools” – volunteer now!

-        New Article: “I’m too smart to write security code” – volunteer
now!

-        Update Article: “Reviewing Struts authorization” – volunteer now!

-        More

Stuff like that helps to get people moving.

--Jeff