[Owasp-board] Proposed OWASP Project - "Google Hacking"

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Thu Jul 17 22:48:31 UTC 2008

Dear Christian,

First of all, you are absolutely right, I apologise for my delayed answer.
Secondly, I thank you for supporting OWASP - be very welcomed - your project
was already set up.

Assuming that you have accepted the Owasp
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Licenses#Contributor_License_Agreemen
ts>  open source license, I have set up a project page for you. It was
placed here
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project#Alpha_Status_Project
s>  and can be accessed here
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Google_Hacking_Project> .
Please feel free to change it as you find best.

I also created a mailing list for your project. The subscription page its
here <https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-google-hacking> , the
mail address is owasp-google-hacking at lists.owasp.org and the provisory
password is christian_to_change.

I have also added you at OWASP Leaders mailing list.  As a result, you are
now able to use this email list owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org to contact all
of the most active OWASP members. I suggest contacting them to discuss your
project and to find hypothetical contributors.

I also suggest writing here
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Google_Hacking_Project_RoadM
ap>  about the plans that you have for your tool regarding future
developments. If you agree, once you have it done we can begin the
assessment process. The goal that we are proposing you is to reach Release
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project_Assessment#Assessmen
t_Scale_for_OWASP_TOOLS_Projects>  Quality Status.

We expect you to suggest two independent reviewers but, if you fail in
finding them, we can help.

To conclude, once again, it will be a pleasure to have you among us. Please,
don't hesitate to get back to me whenever you think that I can help.

Many thanks, best regards,

Paulo Coimbra,

OWASP Foundation Project Manager

OWASP AppSec NYC 2008 is coming...  are you ready?

2008

> (Japan) and the OWASP Conference 2008 in Israel and created a repository
on

> code.google.com.

> Regards,

> Christian Heinrich