[Owasp-board] NYC Event Video

Sebastien Deleersnyder Sebastien.Deleersnyder at telindus.be
Tue Jul 15 14:15:23 UTC 2008

and for the record: I agree to have it professionaly recorded by SOK and
made available for free afterwards

regards

Seba

From: "Sebastien Deleersnyder" <Sebastien.Deleersnyder at telindus.be>

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:34:28
To: <tomb at owasp.org>; OWASP Foundation Board
List<owasp-board at lists.owasp.org>

Tom,

What do you mean: Option A results in free downloads?

I understood SOK sells the results, not that we can do what we want with
it.

Let me rephrase my question: Can we make the recordings available as
free and open source information?

Thx

Seba

To: owasp-board at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Owasp-board] NYC Event Video

Board action required (yes/no/discussion)

The NYC event has a great lineup of speakers and if you look at the
agenda... I hope that you will also see that you can't see everything at
this event as there are just to many great talks and speakers

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_NYC_AppSec_2008_Conference

This brings us to the topic of VIDEO TAPING the event and then
potentially
adding the content to the OWASP website after the event.  I heard all
the
bad feedback from the San Jose video results so I wanted to search out
the
"best" for a professional quality job.

CMP Media/Blackhat, Shmoocon, Toorcon and many of the other "events"
that
are video taped are done by Source of Knowledge as they are professional
get
the job done and have the experience to do it right - See:
http://thesourceofknowledge.com/about.html

After talking with Michael Doane of SOK he has provided us with the
attached
and after obtaining (3) bids this vendor was easily selected as the most
qualified.

Payment is 50% up front and 50% on delivery within 30-days total cost
$13000.00 (option A)

Before I was to "sign" anything for OWASP Foundation no matter how much
money we have already collected for the event, I wanted the consensus
and
agreement of the board.  If you are in agreement to utilize this vendor
provide service to OWASP then I need agreement for Kate as Director to
process the contract and fax to #858-635-5974 to lock this on be Friday
July
18th.

Please review and advise.

-Brennan