[Owasp-board] Gem @ AppSecEU08 !?!

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Mon Jan 28 17:03:53 UTC 2008

Seba,

I think it's great that Gary is interested in speaking. He's a great
speaker.

However, we need to be careful about paying for such expenses here. In
generally, we don't pay speakers expenses and unless there was a compelling
reason, I wouldn't do so in this case either. We've never paid expenses for
a keynote speaker yet, and only a small handful of speakers were assisted
with travel expenses because their companies would not pay for them to come
speak.

I can't imagine Cigital would not be willing to foot Gary's expenses given
the beneficial exposure he'd receive by speaking at the conference.

Did you offer to pay his expenses. If not, I'd leave that subject alone and
if he asks, simply say that we haven't in the past and to be fair, we don't
plan to do so in this case either.

-Dave