[Owasp-board] W3af

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Jan 17 13:53:05 UTC 2008

It essentially is something like:

1) Agree to OWASP's open source license
2) Make the code available via Google or Sourceforge
3) Create a project page at OWASP that describes the tool, the project lead
contact info, and includes a download link for the executable version.

We are working on rules on how to go from Alpha, to Beta, to a production
release, but the above are probably the basics of what it takes to become an
Alpha level project.

-Dave

p.s. Paulo - we should probably also document all this in the Alpha project
rules, and then basically say - to become an official OWASP project, you
need to meet these base requirements and that's it.