[Owasp-board] To Do List on Wiki

Sebastien Deleersnyder Sebastien.Deleersnyder at telindus.be
Tue Jan 15 19:11:02 UTC 2008

Hi Alison,

I have been doing the OWASP event calendar for the last couple of
months.

It makes sense that you also do this. I have added you as editor for the
Google calendar.

You should have received an invitation for this.

All changes in the Google OWASP calendar are directly reflected on the
home page. Currently you, Larry and I can do this.

Gents: if you want also want access: shout!

Only problem now is time zones in Google calendar: Google has changed
behaviour - it now displays per default in GMT (not in local time).

We have 2 options here:

Set everything in GMT as if GMT is the local time zone: a chapter
meeting at 6PM in EST would then be entered in 6PM GMT

Or calculate the delta's and set the events in the actual time zone.
This requires recalculating upon entering the event AND resetting the
current Google link on the Owasp Home page.

Both solutions are not 100% ok, but I would go for the second option. If
ok for you I will ask Larry to re-embed the Google Calendar as to
display it in the viewer time zone.

If this is confusing: check out
http://groups.google.com/group/google-calendar-help-publishers/browse_th
read/thread/6bd87baaa56b03ec/3af1a2ff04de36b6?lnk=gst&q=time+zone#3af1a2
ff04de36b6 where I requested Google to add some functionality.

Regards

Seba