[Owasp-board] FW: Membership Question

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Jan 7 20:56:42 UTC 2008

Hey - here's a good boundary case.  This organization is clearly not a 501c3
not-for-profit.  What do you all think?  Here's the relevant part of the
Membership page.

Membership Category

Description

Annual Membership Fee

Individual Members

Individuals who support OWASP's mission and would like to provide financial
support to our efforts.

$100 USD

Educational and Non-Profit Members

 <http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html> Accredited
<http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.asp> educational institutions
and government-approved non-profit organizations that would like to use
OWASP materials in their courses, research, or other educational purposes.

$250 USD

End-User Organization Members

End-user organizations that use OWASP Materials within their organization.
Organizations with 100 or more employees are considered large.

Small (<100) - $2,000 USD

Large (100+) - $7,000 USD

Consulting Organization Members

Organizations with employees that provide information security consulting,
training, or auditing services and use OWASP Materials in their services or
marketing. Organizations with 10 or more consultants are considered large.

Small (<10) - $3,000 USD

Large (10+) - $8,000 USD

Vendor Organization Members

Software vendors that market security products or other software and use
OWASP Materials in their products or marketing.

$9,000 USD

My vote is to tell them to join as individuals or they can join for $7000.
Shame on them for not supporting us J

--Jeff

Email: David.G.Stauffer at state.or.us