[Owasp-board] Fw: OWASP & Adobe

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Jan 7 05:32:49 UTC 2008

This is great news for OWASP. Tom's right, we need a set of rules here.  I'd
love to look at what other organizations have done if anyone can think of a
similar situation. I think we should try to put together a preliminary set
of rules, try them out, and see how they work.

I found Wikipedia's conflict of interest policy interesting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Conflict_of_interest.  Basically,
they discourage editors with a conflict, and encourage them to make comments
on the TALK page.  But they do allow certain kinds of noncontroversial
edits.

I think we should go pretty carefully here.  What would you think about
running all content through some kind of "project" that will de-bias it?

--Jeff

From: "Peleus Uhley" <puhley at adobe.com>

Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:29:38
To:<stefano.dipaola at mindedsecurity.com>
Cc:<Dinis.Cruz at owasp.org>, <jeff.williams at owasp.org>,
<dave.wichers at owasp.org>, <tomb at owasp.org>, <seba at owasp.org>,       "Erick
Lee" <erlee at adobe.com>, "Lucas Adamski" <ladamski at adobe.com>
Subject: OWASP & Adobe

Stefano,

	I hope you had a good holiday break and a Happy New Year.  I
wanted to discuss with you the Flash Security section of the OWASP site.
Adobe would like to contribute to the materials posted on the web site.
	We realize that, as the authors of the software being discussed,
there may be potential conflicts of interest in our involvement.  For
instance, Adobe shouldn't moderate a message board or use the site to
post marketing materials :).  However, we do want to reach out and
provide as much security related materials and information that we can
to the security community regarding Flash.
	Do you or the OWASP team have any guidance on how Adobe can
contribute to this project without infringing on OWASP's vendor
nuetrality and open community?  Should I forward my suggestions to you
for review or should I just go ahead and start posting links?  We would
like to be able to provide links to our most current security
information in a positive manner that does not cross any ethical
boundaries.
	Please let us know how we can best work together.

thanks,
  -Peleus

Peleus Uhley
Senior Security Researcher