[Owasp-board] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] To advertise the launch of OWASP Summer of Code2008

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Fri Feb 29 17:52:38 UTC 2008

Dinis,

I don’t want to encourage membership money to be directed, but I want to
offer that as an option. I would personally prefer undirected OWASP
membership money as that gives us the freedom to use it as we best see fit.
I also don’t want SoC 08 to be so big we can’t manage it properly.

I think its reasonable to ask people to contribute ideas though and so I
think soliciting that is a good idea.

Fortify has already directed their $ to an ESAPI project. Jeff knows the
details.

-Dave

From: alison.mcnamee at owasp.org <alison.mcnamee at owasp.org>
Date: Feb 29, 2008 4:09 PM
Summer of Code2008
To: Dinis Cruz <dinis at ddplus.net>

Dinis,

I copied and pasted the info below.  The formatting is a little bit off,
but all of the info is here.  It includes the name of the member,
registration method, and total paid.

Christian       Kmosko  Cvent   $100.00
Jefferey        Baldwin Cvent   $100.00
Onn chee        Wong    Cvent   $100.00
Yann    Laprade Cvent   $100.00
Barry   Archer  Cvent   $100.00
Randy   Lastinger       Cvent - Renewal $100.00
Ming    Chow    Cvent   $100.00
Eoin    Keary   Cvent   ($100.00)
Wade    Mackey  Cvent   $100.00
Douglas Shin    Cvent   $100.00
Dayle   Phillips        Cvent   $100.00
Alex    Solomonovic     Cvent   $100.00
Daniel  Gonzalez        Cvent   $100.00
Andrew  Muller  Cvent   $100.00
Robert  Winkel  Cvent   $100.00
Andre   Marien  Cvent   $100.00
Michael Coates  Cvent   $125.00
Kevin   Kenan   Cvent   $100.00
Radhakrishnan   Vijayakumar     Cvent   $100.00
Richard Bowker  Cvent   $100.00
Edward  Ray     Cvent   $100.00
David   Herst   Direct  $100.00
Jim     Curry   Cvent   $100.00
Rex     Booth   Cvent   $100.00
Paolo   Perego  Cvent   $100.00
Nikola  Mijatovic       Cvent   $100.00
David   Meier   Cvent   $100.00
Andy    Murren  Cvent   $100.00
Adam    Baso    Cvent   $100.00
Chris   Hayes   Cvent   $100.00
James   Strassburg      Cvent - Renewal $100.00
Przemyslaw      Skowron Cvent   $100.00
Achim   Hoffmann        Cvent   $100.00
Thomas  McCabe  Cvent   $100.00
Christian       Heinrich        Cvent   $100.00
Robin   Wakefield       Cvent   $100.00
Cliff   Gray    Cvent   $100.00
Julie   Newberry        Cvent   $100.00
Harvard University              Cvent - Renewal $250.00
Ounce Labs              Direct - Renewal        9,000.00
Corporate One Federal Credit Union      Direct - Renewal        1,800.00
InfoVision              Direct  7,200.00
Fortify         Direct  9,000.00
Armorize                Direct  9,000.00
Zemoga, Inc.            Cvent   3,000.00
Ebay            Direct  7,000.00
AutoDesk, Inc.          Direct  7,000.00
Booz Allen Hamilton             Direct - Renewal        8,000.00
DreamLab Technologies           Cvent   3,000.00
Symantec                Cvent   9,000.00
PSC             Cvent   3,000.00
Cigital         Direct  8,000.00

                Total:  $87,875.00

> can you resend this in excel 2000/2003 mode?
>
> Thx
>
> On 2/29/08, alison.mcnamee at owasp.org <alison.mcnamee at owasp.org> wrote:
>>
>> Attached is a spreadsheet of everyone that has joined, or renewed, their
>> membership in 2008.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alison
>>

>> > We definitely should have a list of projects that we directly request
>> > proposal for.
>> >
>> > The current SoC 08 page points to

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Funds_available_for_OWASP_Projects#Available
_Projectswhich