[Owasp-board] travel costs

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Fri Feb 29 10:27:36 UTC 2008

The idea that I had proposed when we kickstarted the OotM was that the money
we get from the website ads (about 4,000 USD a month see
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Advertising) was DIRECTLY allocated to the
OotM program.

Which means that according to the
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Advertising page, the current OotM budget
for 2008 should at leastbe  44,000 USD (or 48,000 USD if November is
filled).

Alison (and Sebastien) can you guys formalize this? This way there is no
more discussion on the budget and we can allocate those funds as required.
You will need to get formal OWASP-Board approval and update the relevant
pages (from OotM to https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Advertising and announce
it to the community (most chapter leaders are not aware of this program))

One thing that I don't agree is the 4 sponsorship limitations a year per
chapter. Based on the latest financial numbers from Alison, the OotM is
clearly not being regularly used and until we run out of budget, we should
accept just about all requests for funding (only then should such limits be
imposed). Remember that organizing an external speaker to attend a local
chapter meeting is not a trivial task and if the Minnesota guys can do it at
a regular bases, then lets support them.

I also think that we should increase the trans-Atlantic support (I.e. Europe
-> US or US -> Europe) to 1000 USD.

And when this takes off a bit more , and we start running out of budget
(4,000 USD a month  (i.e. 6 to 8 trips)) we should try to get a specific
OotM sponsor

Dinis Cruz
Chief OWASP Evangelist
http://www.owasp.org