[Owasp-board] FW: [Webappsec] A Little Note

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Feb 25 11:29:32 UTC 2008

You can put in revision date information like this...
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Variable

last revised: {{REVISIONMONTH}}/{{REVISIONDAY}}/{{REVISIONYEAR}}

Not sure there's a way to do this globally, but at least we should add this
to some of the major pages.  We could go through and add a global template
to all articles.  There are some tools to do things like this, but we
haven't yet used them.

Leonardo, can you add this to the {{templates}} for the ASDR articles??
Thanks,

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair
The OWASP Foundation
work: 410-707-1487
main: 301-604-4882

To: webappsec at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Webappsec] A Little Note

So I've been reading over the OWASP wikis trying to make sense of stuff.
There's one big issue that I keep running across - a lack of specific
dating on articles and effort pages.  My favorite was the article
(http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Be_Careful_What_You_Say) whose lead is:

Hopefully, whether you are a Java programmer or not, you read Jeff
Williams' article last week on...

Last week eh?  Unless that wiki page was just updated in the last couple
days that's unlikely.  (Can a brother get a link?!?)

Just a point of order - remember that the OWASP wiki is "forever".
Projects come, grow quickly, and sometimes die.  I'd like to be able to
find out more quickly if, for example, LAPSE or Orizon are being
actively
developed or if the eager verbiage on their front page is really from
2006
and all the developers died.  Please clearly date documents,
initiatives,
code projects, and the like.

Just a helpful tip from a helpful tipster.

Thanks,
Ernest