[Owasp-board] FW: [Webappsec] A Little Note

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Feb 21 22:16:21 UTC 2008

I don't think that's worthy of a project.

The data is there in the history. It almost seems like the wiki itself needs
to be augmented with a last changed date that is displayed on each page, not
just in the history. I don't want to customize the wiki though. Is this a
feature that can simply be turned on or something?

-Dave

To: webappsec at lists.owasp.org
Subject: [Webappsec] A Little Note

So I've been reading over the OWASP wikis trying to make sense of stuff.
There's one big issue that I keep running across - a lack of specific
dating on articles and effort pages.  My favorite was the article
(http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Be_Careful_What_You_Say) whose lead is:

Hopefully, whether you are a Java programmer or not, you read Jeff
Williams' article last week on...

Last week eh?  Unless that wiki page was just updated in the last couple
days that's unlikely.  (Can a brother get a link?!?)

Just a point of order - remember that the OWASP wiki is "forever".
Projects come, grow quickly, and sometimes die.  I'd like to be able to
find out more quickly if, for example, LAPSE or Orizon are being
actively
developed or if the eager verbiage on their front page is really from
2006
and all the developers died.  Please clearly date documents,
initiatives,
code projects, and the like.

Just a helpful tip from a helpful tipster.

Thanks,
Ernest