[Owasp-board] Barracuda taking OWASP name in vain?

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Wed Feb 13 06:23:24 UTC 2008

Here's one I sent to some company who was abusing OWASP a while back.  I got
no response.

Hi XXX,

We've been notified from several sources that your company is referencing
the OWASP Top Ten and actually it has caused a bit of concern.  You may not
know that OWASP has a set of established brand usage rules that govern the
use of the OWASP name and logo.

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_brand_usage_rules

Could you provide us details of exactly how SmartAudit matches up with and
covers the OWASP Top Ten?   See http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Top_10_2007
for the latest version.

Please don't hesitate to contact me to discuss any of the above. Thanks,

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair

 <http://www.owasp.org/> The OWASP Foundation

work: 410-707-1487