[Owasp-board] Newsletters

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Wed Feb 13 05:22:19 UTC 2008

Hi Alison

What we used to do before was this:

 - one of us would prepare the newsletter on the wiki with the base stuff
(new pages , links, blogs, etc..)  - in this case you are now doing this
 - once that is done, we would drop an email to the owasp-board (and also
sometimes to the owasp-leaders with a request for adding 'featured content')
 - once the newsletter was finalized, it would be emailed in its entirety
(not just the link to it, but the entire contents of the page (with links
and everything) to everybody at owasp-all.
- I used to send these, and per newsletter I would get 1 or two guys
complaining, which if you take into account the number of people it goes to,
it is not a lot. I also had very good feedback on the newsletters and quite
a lot of people 'commenting' when we stopped doing them.

So let's follow this model, define a date for the next newsletter email (I
would say one every 3 weeks, unless the number of page's changes and 'owasp
related' items is starting to get quite large), and 1 week before its
release  send the email to the owasp-leaders with request for 'featured
content'

Dinis Cruz
Chief OWASP Evangelist
http://www.owasp.org