[Owasp-board] (next time don't fire so quickly, please) Re: [Owasp-leaders] Portugal EU Summit

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Dec 1 10:20:02 UTC 2008

I agree with a Paulo on this one, I don't think the work as been completed
for this page.

For the future can you please send these emails to the relevant parties (in
this case me, Paulo and the Board) before sending them out?  Thanks.  (at
least it was 'only' to the owasp-leaders mailing list :) ).

For example, on the contents/links front:

   - there is still a big number of PDF and conclusions missing from that
   Page.
   - on the 'New Free Tools and Guidance' section, we also need to link to
   the PPT that was done at the Summit
   - table with the NEW GLOBAL COMMITTEE STRUCTURE is empty,
   - etc..

And of course, Paulo has a very good point when he says that is not the best
couse of action to post some of this info before we have a strong
methodology for what will happen next,

Kate (& Tom),  I know that you want to get the info out there, but if we
have already waited 3 weeks we could had waited a couple more days. Note
that part of the problem is the words used. I would had been ok with *'...Hey
guys here is the current draft ..." *(versus the current* '... officially
announce the results of the OWASP Summit..'*).   This all means that we will
have to send another 'official annoucement' email to the owasp-leaders, once
all the missing materials are in there.

For future reference, a lot of this work should be done at the Summit. Next
time we have to set-up a 3rd team which will be focused on the procedings
(the 1st team is focused on what happens BEFORE the Summit and the 2nd team
what happens DURING the Summit)

Moving foward:

Kate have you posted/linked all materials (PPT, PDF, DOC) you were given? (I
know you have asked 2 weeks ago for people to send you their PPT and WS
conclusions, so do we need to chase them again?). What about the scan of all
those papers you took with you? What is the status of them?

Paulo and Kate, please keep working on the current strategy/plan, which is
to:

1) consolidate, document and normalize all materials created at the Summit
2) put all those materials online
3) close all SoC projects (still a lot of clean up for Paulo to do here)
4) help the newly created commitees in their original organization so that
we can get from them their 'action plan for 2009' (which btw, is due in 5
weeks))
5) create 'Summit Book' for publishing
6) work on the anoucement of the 'Summit Book' to the World (since this the
moment that we want people to look at what we have done in Portugal)

Note: After item # 2) we could send an email to owasp-all and other mailing
lists saying that we have posted those materials online (and making
reference we are still wrapping up the Summit's conclusions)

Dinis Cruz