[Owasp-board] We have a graduate NJIT team for an OWAP project - details to follow

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Oct 1 01:39:08 UTC 2007

Hey Tom,

That's great news.  What kind of effort are we looking at here - could they
build a tool?  Do they want a technical project to work on?  Or do they want
to do a "The Truth" style marketing campaign.  I'm guessing a technical
project here, but just wondering.  Here are a few project ideas I think
could actually make a difference.

-          The OWASP "Software Facts" label project

-          A real analysis of RIA (AIR, Silverlight, Flex, JFX) security
with some tools, docs, etc.

-          Enabling popular Java frameworks (Struts, Spring) wth OWASP ESAPI

-          "Positive" static analysis to verify the presence of correct
behavior (instead of negative)

--Jeff

Email:  <mailto:oe2 at adm.njit.edu> oe2 at adm.njit.edu
IM: eljabiri2 (AIM)