[Owasp-board] (email I made reference to in my last email) Fwd: Update on OWASP Member Pack

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Thu Oct 18 10:07:47 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dinis Cruz <dinis at ddplus.net>
Date: Oct 3, 2007 4:01 PM
Subject: Update on OWASP Member Pack
To: OWASP Leaders <owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org>
Cc: Eoin <eoinkeary at gmail.com>, Yiannis Pavlosoglou <yiannis at owasp.org>

Hi guys,

Here is an update on what is currently happening with the OWASP member pack.

The current plan is to 'warm up' the process (aka Beta version) with a
distribution of a DVD from all materials presented in the last OWASP day/week
(which were quite good) and then start sending the main OWASP member pack
(with the first distribution to occur at the next OWASP conference in San
Jose).

Here is the current action plan & allocated tasks:

   - 1st member distribution & OWASP project leaders: 'OWASP Daymaterials'
   - Contents: 1 A4 letter (intro & explanation), 1 DVD and 1 A4 envelop
      - Notes: All three items should be OWASP branded. the current
      plan is for the A4 letter to be in a format that holds the DVD in it
      - Tasks:
         - Create 'packaging' (i.e. branded letter, dvd and
         envelop): Yiannis
         - Create DVD with all materials : Dinis
         - Write intro letter: OWASP Board
         - Compile snail mail address of all current owasp members
         and owasp-leaders : Yiannis
         - Create final budget: Yiannis (approve budget: OWASPboard)
         - Physically create 'packs' : Yiannis
         - Put address on packs and post them (physically): Yiannis
      - Projected distribution date: 15th October

      - 2nd member distribution: OWASP Member pack
      - Contents: 1 A4 letter (intro & explanation), 1 USB Key and
      maybe 1 (or more) DVDs, 1 T-Shirt, 1 x printed copy of the
OWASPTop 10, 1 x printed copy of the
      OWASP Testing Guide, 1 pack big enough to carry all this
         - Notes: as with the one before all items should be
OWASPbranded. We are still figuring out where to print the books (so
that they
         are ready in time)
         - Tasks:
         - Create 'packaging' ( i.e. branded letter, USB, dvd and
         envelop): Yiannis
         - Create USB and DVD with all materials : Eoin
         - Write intro letter: OWASP Board
         - Create final budget: Yiannis (approve budget: OWASPboard)
         - Physically create 'packs' : Yiannis (or maybe somebody
         in San Jose for the OWASP members that will be attending
         the conference)
         - Put address on packs and post them (physically): Yiannis
         (or maybe somebody in San Jose for the OWASP members that
         will be attending the conference)
      - Projected Distribution: next OWASP conference in San Jose
      (November 07)
      - I don't think we have decided this yet, but two questions that
      need an answer is: 'Are we going to send an OWASP member pack to
      all owasp-leaders?' and 'Are we going to sell these packs at the
      next OWASP conference in San Jose?'

Any further ideas or comments?

Dinis