[Owasp-board] 1st OWASP hire - Admin Support?

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Thu Oct 18 03:57:16 UTC 2007

I'm glad everyone is on board. I was not envisioning this person as a
technical person, thus I don't quite understand your comment about it being
someone recommended by an OWASP contributor. If it's a secretarial type
admin person, I wouldn't imagine that they'd easily be able to recommend
someone from the Baltimore DC area, and I'm also not sure about this whole
voting business either.

Can you explain more your thoughts in this regard? I'm all for free and
open, but I don't think it always makes sense in all cases. (like voting on
who we hire).

-Dave

On 10/18/07, Jeff Williams <jeff.williams at owasp.org
<mailto:jeff.williams at owasp.org> > wrote:

I agree with all of this, and would like to move ahead on this.

The responsibilities for the job are good.  I would add some more content
creation responsibilities there, like the Monthly Newsletter, audio/video
editing, and updating the front page.  I'd also like them to help with
promotional activities, find contributors for projects, and create
documentation for tools.

It might also be useful to list some of the characteristics of the person
who would be great at this job.  They have to be outgoing and personable -
willing to talk with lots of people and get stuff organized. If they had
experience running fundraising efforts, that would be a huge plus.

--Jeff