[Owasp-board] San Jose 2007 / NYC World C0N 2008

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Fri Oct 5 18:30:57 UTC 2007

Dinis,

How about something simpler: Lets offer all members a 10% discount off
course fees. They already get a discount off the conference. Keeping track
of if they've used 1 free this or 2 free that is way too much trouble to
track. Jeff is OK with this idea. He's just offline now and can't respond
till this evening.

-Dave

Cc: Dave Wichers; jeff.williams at owasp.org
Subject: Re: San Jose 2007 / NYC World C0N 2008

We (@ OWASP board) already talked about several variations of this idea (for
example giving OWASP corporate members 1 free training session at OWASP
Conferences), so why don't we use this opportunity to finalize these rules
(and Tom can do it since he has vested interest :) ).

I think we all agree that 'giving' these perks to our members is a great
'unique added value to become an OWASP member' , so now all we need to do is
to finalize the package and put the details on the wiki

Dinis

On 10/5/07, jinxpuppy <jinxpuppy at gmail.com> wrote:

Dave, I thought I might come out to the event in San Jose event to
talk to you guys in person and some of the other key folks
(speakers/sponsors etc..) in regards to planning out the 2008 event in
NYC. When I briefly proposed this idea to my employer, cutting into
their business the standard reply was - how much/how long?

based on what I see: $1300 for training + the $300.00 (w/early
registration) + $50 dinner hence total of $1650.00 + travel/hotel
right.

--

So my response was $1650 for the event.

Responce was "Your a chapter leader and you spend a great deal of time
on the NYC Metro effort and AccessIT Group is a corporate sponsor 2
years in a row and OWASP does not give chapter leaders or corporate
members any sort of a discount of any sort etc?  My reply was... let
me check into that - hence this email.

--

I think they have a very valid point.. So, If I was to come out and
attend T1/T2 or T3 taught by Aspect, I am wondering what discount I

Let me know so I present it, get approval and book the flight this
week and pay online.

Thoughts?

*NOTE - I think this another great way to help entice more attendees
from OWASP Chapter Leaders is to provide them with something in return
for helping OWASP grow like free admission to the seminars or
something.. this gives value back to the chapter leaders that put in
the time to make owasp successful.

Please advise on your thoughts on this this one or call to discuss.

Tom Brennan
973-202-0122