[Owasp-board] San Jose 2007 / NYC World C0N 2008

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Fri Oct 5 13:43:37 UTC 2007

I actually will disagree a bit with Dave on this one and say that I think we
should give the following to our members:

(as per https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership#Categories_of_Membership)

   - End-User Organization Members - Small:   $ 2,000   :  1 Training
   voucher and 1 OWASP conference voucher
   - End-User Organization Members - Large:   $ 7,000   :  2 Training
   vouchers and 2 OWASP conferences voucher
   - Consulting Organization Members - Small: $ 3,000   :  1 Training
   voucher and 1 OWASP conference voucher
   - Consulting Organization Members - Large: $ 8,000   :  2 Training
   vouchers and 2 OWASP conferences voucher
   - Vendor Organization Members -                $ 9,000   :  2 Training
   vouchers and 2 OWASP conferences voucher

These vouchers would be actual papers (think certificate) which would be
sent with the OWASP Member pack (with a validity of 1 year).

In addition to the enormous good will that this will generate, these
vouchers would actually be another very powerful benefit of joining OWASP as
a member. I also like the idea that this makes the case for 'membership
renewal'

Regarding costs, the training is currently quite profitable and I can't
imagine the individual cost per student to be more than $ 300 so if we get 1
End User organization because of this, it will pay for 20 others to attend.
And even so I don't think that we need to use this membership fees since the
courses generate enough revenue to support this.

Come on guys, lets give these vouchers to our members so that they can make
better 'business case' argument to their bosses on the value of OWASP
membership.

What do you think :)

Dinis