[Owasp-board] OWASP at Infosecurity France Paris / OWASP France Chapter

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Sun Nov 25 05:08:52 UTC 2007

Hi Sébastien,

Sounds like a great job at Infosecurity France!  Thanks!

1) I think continuing to translate the OWASP documents is a great idea.
Note that there is now a Google translate button hooked into the main menu.

2) Donations to OWASP should go to the OWASP Foundation. Chapter expenses
are generally directly covered by chapter sponsors. I'd like to avoid
setting up legal entities in every country around the world.

3) I think setting up a chapter board (check what the New York chapter has
done) is a great idea.  We're encouraging all the chapters to follow this
model as they grow.

4) Thanks for registering the owasp.fr domain.  We'd like everything to be
on owasp.org, but I think going directly to the /France page is a good idea.
Can you please contact Larry Casey (larry.casey at owasp.org) to get the domain
transferred and get the redirect set up?

5) Larry can get you set up with an owasp.org email address.

6) Please let us know what you're looking for in terms of promotional
materials. You should check out the newly published books on the front page
of OWASP. They really look good.

7) I couldn't figure out exactly what you meant with regard to BeeWare. If
they want to become a member that's great - see the Membership page for more
details. We need to be very careful about our relationships with vendors as
we must not appear to endorse any commercial products or services.

7) Absolutely, you can post the photos and writeup of the event. This is
great to show our community.  We're expanding the conferences page to
include not only our events, but to also reference events where we are
active.

Thanks for the update - these are good questions for the leaders list.  We
can take the conversation there if it's okay with you.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair
The OWASP Foundation
http://www.owasp.org

- Does it have a mean for me to communicate from sebastien at owasp.fr
for OWASP community in France ? or is-it better to have a email
comming from owasp.org ? And if this is the last solution, could you
made something to create it ?
- Could I post some photos on the owasp.org site with the booth, talk
room and perhaps me as speaker ?

Thanks for your time.

S.