[Owasp-board] (Request for [email protected] special item for OWASPmembers) Fwd: Carolina Blue Sweatshirt

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at aspectsecurity.com
Wed Nov 7 04:27:46 UTC 2007

I vote NO.  But the key issue isn't really financial *or* logistical.
It's a process issue.

It is true that many projects at OWASP have been last-minute
jam-them-through efforts.  But there is absolutely no reason why that
has to be the case.  It's frankly exhausting going through this process
every time Dinis has a good idea - and they are good ideas.  We need to
get to where we're planning these conferences a year out.

I do also agree with Andrew's financial point that we can
nickel-and-dime our way out of being able to do the things we really
want to do.  I basically evaluate every one of these proposals with
this: How does this expense get us closer to a world where I can make
informed decisions about the security of software I use.

--Jeff

	On 11/6/07, dave wichers < dave.wichers at owasp.org
<mailto:dave.wichers at owasp.org> > wrote:

	I think it will be difficult to ID members since many speakers
are also members but they didn't register as members.  Its also warm in
SJ  so people won't wear then there. I'm also concerned about the cost
relative to membership fee's.

	People also don't wear sweatshirts to professional events /
offices which is where most people wear shirts and stuff with
professional logos. I can't imagine when I would wear one, for example.

	-Dave
	On 11/6/07, Jeff Williams < jeff.williams at aspectsecurity.com
<mailto:jeff.williams at aspectsecurity.com> > wrote:

	>  Since everyone is already getting a shirt I think this may be
overkill
	> and one more logistical thing to deal with.  I do like the
idea of doing
	> this kind of thng to encourae the leaders.  We do have a
slight problem
	> defining exactly who a leader is... Some chapters have
multiple people

<deb at lxstudios.com>> <mailto: deb at lxstudios.com
<mailto:deb at lxstudios.com> < deb at lxstudios.com
<mailto:deb at lxstudios.com> >>