[Owasp-board] PR Newswire Information Request

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Thu Mar 22 02:48:46 UTC 2007

We have an account - if anyone wants to send out a press release, please
post it on the wiki and let the board know.  When we've all agreed, I'll
send it to them.

--Jeff

From: Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com
<mailto:Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com> <
<mailto:Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com>  Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com>
Date: Mar 14, 2007 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: PR Newswire Information Request

To: Dinis Cruz < dinis at ddplus.net <mailto:dinis at ddplus.net> >

Good Morning Dinis:

The first step for you is to fill out the membership application and fax it
back to 216-664-1335
Mark Attention Beth at the top, so I make sure I grab it and begin
processing it

We ask for 24 hours to set the application up, but I can make sure we speed
that up a bit.

>From there, you will receive an e-mail from me once your application is set
up with all login instructions for submitting releases.  We have a link on
our website where you would upload your release.  It will walk you through
about 7 steps asking simple questions (where do you want it to go, what
time, etc).  Once you submit your release it will go directly to our
editorial department and we ask for 30 minutes to edit the release.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.  I look forward to
working with you.

Here is a fresh copy of the application:

  _____

Beth Cooper
Account Manager,
PR Newswire

Phone 800 682 9601 | Cell 216 501 1418 | Fax 216 664 1335
 <mailto:elizabeth.cooper at prnewswire.com> elizabeth.cooper at prnewswire.com |
<http://www.prnewswire.com/> www.prnewswire.com

"We tell your story to the world."

"Dinis Cruz" <dinis at ddplus.net>

03/14/2007 07:57 AM

        To:        " <mailto:Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com>
Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com" < Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com>
        cc:

Hello Elizabeth

We would like to move forward with this, so what are the next steps and how
soon can we distribute our first PR?

Dinis Cruz
Chief OWASP Evangelist
http://www.owasp.org <http://www.owasp.org/>

On 3/5/07,  <mailto:Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com>
Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com < <mailto:Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com>
Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com> wrote:

Top Technology Markets:

$415 for the first 400 words and $110 for each additional 100 words

  _____

Beth Cooper
Account Manager,
PR Newswire

Phone 201 360 6571 | Cell 216 501 1418 | Fax 216 664 1335
 <mailto:elizabeth.cooper at prnewswire.com> elizabeth.cooper at prnewswire.com |
<http://www.prnewswire.com/> www.prnewswire.com

"We tell your story to the world."

"Dinis Cruz" < <mailto:dinis at ddplus.net>  dinis at ddplus.net>

03/05/2007 02:28 PM

       To:        "  <mailto:Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com>
Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com " <
<mailto:Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com> Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com>
       cc:

Hi Elizbeth

Your price list had too many options, can you please list me what would be
the best ones to do a PR distribution to the IT newspages and magazines.

Thanks

Dinis Cruz
Chief OWASP Evangelist
http://www.owasp.org <http://www.owasp.org/>

On 3/5/07,  <mailto:Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com>
Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com < <mailto:Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com>
Elizabeth.Cooper at prnewswire.com> wrote:

Hi !

I hope this e-mail finds your enjoying your day!  I believe that PR Newswire
can definitely assist your organization with its communication needs.

PR Newswire offers a variety of distribution channels to assist clients in
getting their news to the appropriate audience.  All circuits include
distribution to the media in the geographical area you specify, as well as
distribution to the relevant trade publications and to over 3,600 websites,
databases and online sites.  The cost of the distribution depends on where
you send your release - we offer city/metropolitan, state, regional,
national and international  and the word count of the release.  Attached
below is a copy of our 2007 domestic pricing guide.

You must be a member of PR Newswire in order to utilize our distribution
service - I have attached a membership application below as well. Please
fill out the entire application including the Credit Reference Information
and Trade Reference Information on the 1st page.  There is a $150 annual
membership fee to become a member. Please allow approximately one business
day to set up an account.  Once you are a member, you may begin to utilize
PR Newswire's services.  You are charged on a "per release" basis.

With every release you send, your release will be sent to the relevant trade
publications for free. We code your release to the appropriate ones.
<http://www.prnewswire.com/company/tradelist.html>
http://www.prnewswire.com/company/tradelist.html

Also considering adding a photo to your release, for the added value and
possibility of increased pick up:

US1 with Photo:  If you are sending a photo with a release, US1 with Photo
will send your image directly to AP National PhotoExpress (see below) and
the US1 wire distribution for a reduced combo rate of $1,325/$185.

Total Photo Archive (TPA):  Your photo/logo is embedded as a link in your
release and appears as a photo on  <http://prnewswire.com/> prnewswire.com,
PR Newswire's media-only site and over 100 websites.  You will receive an
image URL that comes with your Newscom Distribution and can embed your link
in releases and send to your own contacts for one full year with your press
releases - no additional cost. The Total Photo Archive ensures that the
media has 24/7 access to your high-resolution logo or photo through archival
on AP Archive and Newscom. $395 per image.

If you would like to become a PR Newswire member, please fax the completed
membership form to my attention at 800-678-9202.

I would be happy to discuss the various distribution options available as
well as some of our other products and services that may be of use to you
and your organization.  Please let me know a time that works for you.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Best,
Beth

  _____