[Owasp-board] Advertising on OWASP website

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Thu Mar 15 18:07:49 UTC 2007

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your support of OWASP.   As an OWASP member, you'll have your
logo on our website.  We are very careful about not appearing to be
influenced by vendors, so we really can't do anything that might imply that
OWASP somehow supports a particular product or service company.  We do have
the one banner ad and we also have sponsors for our AppSec conference
series.  Vendors are allowed to speak to chapters, but only about appsec in
general, and not to promote their product.

Still, there are some non-traditional forms of marketing that are possible
with OWASP that you might be interested in.  For example, several companies
have donated intellectual property (such as WebGoat, Sprajax, SiteGenerator,
CLASP, and more.) and gotten a LOT of good press for it.  Other companies
participate in our projects to help move the market.  Hopefully, there's
something there for SPI.

Let me know if there's something interesting there for you.  And don't
hesitate to call if you'd like to discuss. Thanks!

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair

 <http://www.owasp.org/> The OWASP Foundation

Work: 410-707-1487

Main: 301-604-4882

"Dedicated to finding and fighting the causes of insecure software"

To: Chris Tilton; larry.casey at owasp.org

Hi Chris,

You can work with Larry Casey who schedules all the advertisers.  If you
want to propose something special, please let me know and I'll discuss it
with the board.

Thanks for your support of OWASP,

--Jeff

Jeff Williams, Chair