[Owasp-board] promote owasp co-participation

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at owasp.org
Mon Mar 5 21:26:38 UTC 2007

I think this is a nice idea that will really help the chapters grow.
Basically, I see the chapters arranging for speakers and then applying for
the financial aid.

I think this could easily be extended to the conference, where people can
apply for financial assistance to speak at the conference.

I suggest we restrict the benefit to *speakers* and not just attendees, as
that could get pretty difficult to manage.

As always, I'm concerned about any burden that we create on the massively
underappreciated folks that do the finances, registrations, servers,
logistics, and all the other crap that it takes to keep OWASP running.  So
here it might be kind of a  pain to cut the checks.   I'd like Dave's
opinion on whether this would be unwieldy.

--Jeff

From: Daniel Cuthbert <daniel.cuthbert at owasp.org>
Date: Mar 5, 2007 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] Introduction
To: "Byrne, David" < David.Byrne at echostar.com
<mailto:David.Byrne at echostar.com> >
Cc: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org

Us old farts from OWASP always like to travel :0)

<mailto:owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org>