[Owasp-board] promote owasp co-participation

Dinis Cruz dinis at ddplus.net
Mon Mar 5 20:22:52 UTC 2007

Hi, I have another financial proposal that i would like to pass by you.

One of the areas that we really need to work on (from a leadership point of
view) is to promote cross collaboration between our chapters and to expose
us to OWASP projects. And this means face to face meetings.

so, following the thread bellow, I would like to propose the following:

   - OWASP to use the 4k a month from website advertising to help OWASP
   leaders and OWASP members to attend regional meetings outside its area,
   where they will be doing a 20m to 60m presentation. We would cover up to
   $500 USD per individual
   - And (I was going to propose this separately, but actually makes
   sense to be combined), trips to the OWASP conferences can be covered from
   this fund (so Dave, that idea the I talked to you about yesterday would now
   be funded from the owasp.org advertisement and not the conference)

This actually would work quite well, since it is another 'unique' benefit to
members, would help the OWASP community and it is using a pot of money that
we have just about 95% guarantee will be available (unless all 2007
owasp.org advertisement slots are already allocated)

What do you think?

Dinis