[Owasp-board] SpoC Financials

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Sun Mar 4 18:08:30 UTC 2007

This seems interesting/weird to me. Are we saying that people can propose a
project that is not an OWASP project and still get OWASP to fund it? That
seems somewhat odd to me. That said, I think helping other efforts like PHP
wouldn't be a bad idea.

We have to be careful about match funding, because we only have so much.
Maybe we can say that we'll work on getting match funding for projects, and
the match might come from OWASP, and it might come from another sponsor. Why
would they care where the match $ came from, as long as it leverages their
$. In fact, we might be able to get multiple matches to one sponsor's
pledge, which would be cool, since then we'd get 3 or more times the
original amount pledged.

-Dave

  _____

--
Dinis Cruz
Chief OWASP Evangelist, Are you a member yet?